If and when your watch needs repairing to get it back to its best, our technician will do everything he can to help
Every watch is different and so it will have different requirements. That’s why our specialist technician is trained to look at watches of any age, regardless of brand or type and will do everything to help restore it. Certain watches may be returned to the manufacturers to undertake a repair, while others will be managed by our own technician, in our on-site workshop.
We recommend watches need servicing regularly to maintain its function, appearance and value, especially if it has a mechanical movement. How and when this should be done depends on the watch itself, but this is usually between three and five years based on the watch manufacturer’s recommendations and how often you wear it. A full overhaul service essentially involves dismantling the watch into its constituent parts and then reassembling it.
Servicing is intricate and requires skill. We are proud to have our own workshop on-site so we can service your watch and return it to you as quickly as possible so that you are able to continue to enjoy wearing your watch.
To service mechanical and automatic watches, we follow a step-by-step process to ensure nothing is forgotten.
- Check the case, the bracelet or the strap
- Detach the bracelet from the watch case, open the watch case and remove the stem and crown, seals and mechanism
- Reset the stem and crown and check the winding mechanism
- Check the working of the hands, calendar and automatic work if fitted
- Inspect the escapement and adjust as required
- Complete disassembly and inspection of the mechanism and component parts
- Replace any worn parts
- Clean all parts in specialist chemical baths using automated cleaning machines
- Reassemble movement, checking and making fine adjustments according to the brand specifications
- Lubricate the mechanism using 4/5 fine oils and greases, and re-check escapement
- De-magnetise, regulate and check the timing of the movement to the brand standards using special Swiss timing equipment
- Refit the dial and hands
- Ultrasonically clean the case and bracelet
- Replace case seals where appropriate and refit the movement to the case
- Check timekeeping again and adjust if required using timing equipment
The watch is then tested statically for 3 days, dial down, and the rate checked, until the power has run down in the dial up position to check the power reserve. The final inspection by the watchmaker is critical before we return the watch to you. Our service is guaranteed for 12 months depending on the brand.
In the event that your quartz watch stops or loses time, our watch technician can check the power of the battery and inspect the mechanism, in our on-site workshop. If the battery is found to have low power we will replace it with a new battery, clean the battery contact and then re-case the watch.
If a water resistant watch needs to be resealed we will replace the seals and test the watch for water resistance.
This service is guaranteed for 12 months.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss a repair or battery replacement or to make an appointment.